DPO Beats Up Female Trader In Lagos

The Divisional Police Officer in charge of Oko-Oba Police Station, Mr. Akintade Williams, on Tuesday night at Olayinwola road Abule-Egba battered a female trader identified as Madam Pere.

The victim told P.M.NEWS that she was on her way home after the close of business when the DPO who was on patrol of the area ordered her to come and that as soon as she went to meet him, he descended on her.

"I was going home after I closed from my shop when the DPO ordered me to come and as soon as I got to him he just pounced on me as if we were having problems before. He tore my clothes and wounded me on my face. My cell phone was destroyed and all the sales proceeds I was taking home was taken from me,'' she alleged.

Madam Pere, P.M.NEWS gathered, has reported the attack on her by the DPO to the State Commissioner of Police, Umaru Manko  and she was referred to  Ikeja General Hospital for treatment.

Some time last year Williams battered a police corporal attached to his house for going out to eat on a Sunday. The incident attracted widespread outrage.

A resident of Abule-Egba who craved for anonymity said the attitude of Williams since he assumed office as the DPO of Oko-Oba is worrisome and unbecoming of an officer in his position.

''The way this DPO behaves does not befit his position as a DPO. How can a DPO beat up a harmless trader for no reason?''

When P.M.NEWS contacted the Deputy Police Public Relations Officer of the state Police Command, Mr. Damasus Ozoani to speak on the matter, he directed the reporter to the PPRO, Mrs. Ngozi C Braide.

She could not be reached at the time of filing this report.