Boxer Carl Froch Proposed To Girlfriend In The Ring After Epic Victory

Boxer Carl Froch proposed to his model girlfriend just moments after his epic victory over George Groves at Wembley on Saturday.
As Rachael Cordingley rushed over to celebrate her boyfriend's eight-round victory, the IBF and WBA super-middleweight champion dropped to his knees and appeared to pop the question.
Despite the very public nature of the question - in front of 80,000 people at Wembley and a global television audience of millions - Froch later insisted the engagement was not yet 'official' as he hadn't had time to buy a ring - but he did say Cordingley had agreed to marry him.


After the fight Froch, 36, confirmed he had told Cordingley how much he loved her, but appeared somewhat confused as to whether it had been a marriage proposal or not.
He said the 27-year-old, with whom he has two children, Rocco and Natalia, had agreed to marry him but denied an official proposal had taken place in the ring.



'I did ask Rachael a sneaky question after the fight but it's not official,' he said.
'I told her how much I love her. I didn't actually officially propose to her. I was going to but I couldn't sort a ring out,' he added.
'I will be marrying Rachael one day. This is the most special moment of my life -- the next will be wedding Rachael and making us a proper family, me, my kids and her.
'This night will be remembered for defending title.'
But when pressed as to how she responded to his question, Froch admitted: 'She said "yes".'