Ibinabo Fiberesima Plans To Set Up Foundation After Prison Ordeal

Ex beauty queen and now President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), Ibinabo Fiberesima, who was imprisoned for manslaughter in 2009 recounts her painful ordeal.

Ibinabo admitted that she went through hell in the past. While her ordeal lasted, she said, she put her trust in God who saw her through. "Because I believe in God, I have been able to stand strong to become who I am today,"she said.

Ibinabo however, disclosed that she is setting up a foundation to cater for the welfare of families of accident victims. According to her, "I do have a foundation which I'm setting up. In 2006, I had an accident and a medical doctor, Mr. Suraj Giwa died in the process. A lot of things went wrong, I was sent to jail because of the accident.
It is quite painful, it's taking me this long because I needed to find myself again. The foundation is going to be for the families of accident victims. I'm going to get people to talk to them and to heal their wounds. What I went through, I was healed by the grace of God."
She made these statements at a celebrity hangout in Lagos while she was honoured as the first female AGN President.