Barcelona Cancel Contract Of Player Hours After Signing Him

Sergi Guardiola has denied posting the tweets which saw Barcelona rescind his contract with the club on Monday.
The 24-year-old was one of three players signed for Barca B, but his dream of playing for the European champions soon unravelled when tweets emerged in which he had posted offensive comments about the club and about Catalonia. 
In an official statement, hours after announcing his arrival, Barcelona confirmed they would be making a U-turn on the attacking midfielder’s signing
Speaking to Onda Cero, Guardiola said he understands the Catalan club’s decision, but claimed he did not publish the tweets. 
“I apologise to Barca and to Catalonia,” he began.

“It is a mis-understanding. I didn’t write [the tweets], it was in 2013 and I didn’t even know they existed. 
“It was put on my profile, but it wasn’t me. I ask for forgiveness a thousand times - I have learnt a difficult lesson.”
Guardiola also wanted to make it clear he has nothing against Catalonia, saying it was his dream to play for Barcelona.  
“Barça have behaved really well with me,” he continued. 
“I understand their decision. I wouldn’t be capable of putting something like that, though. 
“Once you become a professional, you support the team that plays the best football, which is Barca. 
“I’m from Mallorca, I’m not anti-Catalan or anti-anything. My dream was to play for Barca, now it’s broken.” 
It’s not clear what will happen next for Guardiola.
He recently left Alcorcon and said for the time being he will return home and carry on training. 
“We will see what happens,” he added when questioned about his future.