EkitiGate: "Dr Tope Aluko Is A Liar"- Dr Ifeanyi Ubah Reacts To Shocking Revelations

Dr. Tope Aluko, the former Peoples Democratic Party secretary in Ekiti state yesterday, January 31, made a shocking revelation of how Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state was rigged into power in the state.
Speaking on Channels Television and monitored by Naij.com correspondent, Aluko alleged that former president Goodluck Jonathan gave Governor Fayose $35 million cash to prosecute the governorship election.

He also claimed that a sum of $2million was offered by Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah, the CEO of capital oil, one of Nigeria’s largest distributors of petroleum, to Fayose on March 23 at the NNPC towers, which was used to prosecute the primary election. According to him, he was there to witness the transfer alongside Hon Femi Bamisile. But in a swift reaction to the allegation, Ubah put a call to the station to categorically label Aluko as the “biggest lair to have ever come out of the country.”

Ubah said: “I’m in Ghana and was alerted about what was happening. I want Nigerians to know this young man as the biggest liar that can ever come out of the country. I would have loved to give Fayose money, more than what he mentioned but I didn’t give any money. But if he had given him the money it is no one business.

“I personal called in this programme because I was alerted about what was going on back at Nigeria. I live in 19B Kastina-ala crescent in Maitama, Abuja and my office is in Oputa close in Abuja and I don’t have any office at NNPC towers. He’s the biggest liar to have come out of the country. I have met only Fayose once with his wife and they came to my house.”

Speaking on why he is making the revelations now, Aluko stated: “We swore on the arrangement that we had before we embarked on the political venture.
“Him (Fayose) becoming the Governor, myself becoming Chief of Staff and Honourable Femi Bamisile becoming the Deputy Governor,” he explained, dismissing claims that he was coming out with the truth because he could not get what was agreed.
“For the military to indict its members because of the election of a state you will know that what I am saying is not a lie.”
Governor Ayo Fayose however condemned the statement by Aluko, saying he of unstable character. The governor spoke via his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media Lere Olayinka.