Bloated Body Of Two Toddlers Found In Church’s Well In Lagos

The bloated bodies of two toddlers; two-year-olds and females, suspected to have strayed were found on Tuesday night inside a well belonging to Celestial Church of Christ, Ijegun, Lagos. It was gathered that one of the kids, Oreoluwa Michael,  is the daughter of the church’s Pastor, Michael Adishade, while the other was that of a resident of 37 Opeleye Street in the same vicinity.

The search for the kids kicked off after the mother of the second child, identified as Oreoluwa Ileran, noticed that her child was missing.



After the bodies of the kids was recovered from the well, they were rushed to nearby Gratitude Hospital where they were confirmed dead.

The emotional mother who disclosed that incident has been reported to  Isheri Oshun Police Division, told Vanguard;
“When I noticed that my baby was nowhere around the apartment at about 5p.m., I went to look for her. “While the search was on, I decided to get water to wash my face as I was already exhausted. “To my greatest shock, I noticed something was afloat. On closer observation, I discovered they were human beings. I rushed out to alert people, who came to bring out the lifeless bodies.



“But some people suggested we should rush them to the hospital, that they could have fainted. When we got there, my worst fear was confirmed.”

Some residents, however, said the children could have been murdered and thrown inside the well as, according to them, the well was closed. One of them said: “Why should the well be closed if indeed the children fell in. It should have remained opened. We suspect foul play, but we leave that to the Police to ascertain.”