75 Year Old Man Impregnates 13 Year Old Girl In Oyo State

75 year old Pa Muse Alabi is currently at
the State Criminal Investigation Department
of the Oyo State Police Command, for
defilement of a 13-year-old girl (name
withheld) allegedly committed by the old
man, and which has resulted in pregnancy.
Tribune reports that Pa Alabi was doing
carpentry work for a lady under whom the
victim was an apprentice. The young girl
seized the opportunity to tell Pa Alabi to
build a safe for her. After giving her the
safe, Pa Alabi wooed the girl and she
agreed to his proposal. After the first
sexual intercourse they had, it was learnt
that the suspect gave the girl N200. When
she also demanded for a handset, he gave
her N1,500 to buy i-tel phone.
Four days after, they made love again. Both
times were in September this year.In an
interview with Crime Reports, Pa Alabi
admitted having sex with the girl and the
paternity of the baby. He also agreed to
marry her and take care of her and the
baby when born. According to the man who
lives at his family house at Oje area,
"I am a carpenter  and I still work till
the present time. I even take roofing
jobs. I am very strong.I have two
daughters and a son. My first wife
gave birth to the female children but
had to be taken away by her people
when she developed mental illness. My
second wife is the mother of the boy
who is an SSS3 student but she has
left for another man. Currently, I have
no wife."
So how does he satisfy his sexual needs
when it looks as if he is very active?
"I don't go looking for any woman. I
usually have sex with any of the
married women who like me and come
to me for sex. This is not always
though."
Speaking on how he came in contact with
his victim, the elderly man said
: "I used to do carpentry work for her
boss who sells tailoring materials. That
was where I knew her. One day, she
asked me to help her build a safe in
which she could be keeping her
money. When I finished it, I asked her
to come to my shop for the safe late
one evening and I gave it to her.
"She used to pass by my shop
whenever she was going home and
used to stop by to greet me. On a
particular day, I expressed my interest
in her and she promised to think about
it.She later consented and on one of
the days she stopped to say hello to
me, we had sex when I had an urge.
And it was mutual. About five days
after the first time, we had sex again
and she stopped coming.
"One day, she came to me and told me
that her grandmother said she was
pregnant. She stopped coming again
and I didn't see her again until
policemen came to arrest me."
When asked whether he knew that his
action was in contravention of the law, Pa
Muse replied that he didn't know, describing
the outcome of his relationship with the
young girl as "an act of God". He said:
"Mistake has no master. I pray that
God should forgive me."
The suspect said he doesn't use any sex
performance enhancement drug before
making love to a female
"I don't take any herbal drink for
enhancement of sexual performance.
They are alcoholic and I don't take
alcohol as a good Muslim. I observe
my five-times-daily prayers faithfully."
Pa Alabi said he was ready to take
responsibility over the pregnant girl and the
baby she is expecting.
"I can take care of her adequately. I
have a nephew who is a medical
doctor and he has promised to help
too," he stated.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Olabisi
Okuwobi-Ilobanafor however said that the
suspect would be charged to court.