Kevin De Bruyne's Ex Explains Why She Had an Affair With Chelsea Goalkeeper, Thibaut Courtois

Belgium had its own Wayne Bridge-John Terry love triangle scandal last year when rumours swirled that Kevin De Bruyne left his girlfriend Caroline Lijnen after she had an affair with goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois.

Both players were owned by Chelsea at the time, although Courtois was on loan at Atletico
Madrid when the affair happened.

Now, Lijnen has confirmed and explained the affair in an interview with Belgium magazine Sport, quotes of which are on the 7sur7 website. She said she cheated  De Bruyne
because the winger, now at Wolfsburg, had cheated on her earlier in their relationship with
her best friend.

After that bump in the road, the pair decided to give it another go, but Lijnen went on a trip to
Madrid alone.

That's when her affair with Courtois took place, as she details in her interview with
Sport.

"Kevin thought that this trip was a good idea. I asked him beforehand.

But then something happened that should never have happened. I accept that but Kevin and I had not be getting long, and I found comfort in the arms of Thibaut .

That evening, Thibaut offered me what I had not received in a three -year relationship with Kevin .

With Thibaut , I could talk about
anything and everything and he had even prepared me a delicious meal .

Kevin never did it for me.

Kevin had deceived me and I
thought : why shouldn' t I do that
too ?