Floyd Mayweather Vs Canelo Alvarez On Sunday 15th September At 2am

To the lovers of boxing, you have to stay awake till 2am Nigerian time on Sunday to be able to watch this bout.

The buzz about this fight is crazy, it's been tagged the biggest event in modern boxing history and it's been dubbed The One. It's the Floyd "Money" Mayweather Vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez boxing bout.

Already, this fight has set all sorts of records. Mayweather will receive a record $41.5 million purse for this fight, the biggest in boxing history shattering his previous $32 for his bout with Miguel Cotto.

Also, the PPV revenue records are expected to top the $132 million generated from his 2007 fight with Oscar De La Hoya which had 2.5 million buyers. Promoters of this bout are looking at a PPV revenue of $140 million from an estimated 2 million viewers.

The Canelo-Mayweather bout has another record under its belt with the biggest gate ever for a fight at $19.9 million with the MGM Grand Arena selling out less than 24 hours after tickets went on sale. This fight is so big even celebrities who are normally given free admission are calling to buy tickets case, in point being Magic Johnson who wanted eight tickets and was told there was none even for his money.

Alright, enough statistics. Here's what the boxers are saying:

Floyd Mayweather: "Its fight time, what else can I say? If the game plan is to keep pressure, I can handle it. If the game plan is to out-box me, nobody can out box me," Mayweather told the media at the final press conference. "You have to be able to out match me mentally, and I'm the strongest mental fighter in the sport of boxing... I've been here before so I know what it takes. He's 42-0, but he hasn't faced 42 Floyd Mayweathers because he'd be 0-42. I'm at the pinnacle. I'm the face of boxing and I'm dedicated to my craft."


Canelo Alvarez: "I've studied him. I know his style and I know what he's going to do," Alvarez told the media in his final appearance before the fight. "I'm confident I will win because I know everything about him. I've prepared for everything... It's important from the opening bell to fight smart and not fall into his game plan. I need to stick to my plan, not fall into his."