I Never Thought "Sho Lee" Will Be A Hit –Sean Tizzle

Fast rising Nigerian singer, Sean Tizzle, (real name Seun Morihanfen), announced his arrival on the Nigerian music scene early in the year, with the chart topping single, 'Sho Lee,' despite  having been  in the music business for five years.

Within a short time, it became a club hit, topped the charts and then found its way into the mobile devices of both young and old, as a ring tone.  With three hits and an album in the works, the 23-year-old singer is enjoying a meteoric rise to the top.

An excited Sean Tizzle, who says he earned his big break in February this year, says while he was confident that one of singles would become a hit, it has surpassed his expectations.

He says, "It is a great feeling to know my music cuts across both the young and old, but again I give God the glory. I mean, I make good music, so I believe all my songs are potential hit. I knew I would blow as an artiste, but I never knew it would be this soon. My sudden stardom has been a blessing from God and 'Sho Lee' was an inspiration from God.

"Two months after I dropped the song, it was everywhere.  It feels like heaven for me, like my life just started.  It's a great thing for me.  It's something out of this world.  The acceptance is awesome, I can't explain it.  I just want to thank God and everybody for supporting me.

"Even my label boss never knew the track would be this big; he wanted us to drop something else, until someone convinced him.

The artiste, who is currently performing alongside Olamide and Flavour at the Cocobar.com Music Festival in the UK says he is not under pressure to replicate the success of his single, by following up with another hit, mama le, despite releasing both tracks in quick succession.  He also expresses optimism that the latter's accompanying   video  which is laced with suggestive scenes, will survive NBC's axe.

"I was not pressurised in any way. I had planned and sorted out  everying right from the time I was penning the track down to its release date. I harbour no fear that my video will be banned. But for now, let us hope and pray that nothing of such happens. I have recorded some songs that my team and I feel are  good enough for release, so I am working hard just to get it right."

He is also quick to erase "an erroneous impression," as he puts it, about being a one –hit-wonder with a wave of the  hand, saying, "I am in music for the passion and not necessarily for the commercial reason. That way, I can never end up as a one-hit wonder because my music is enduring and evergreen. Statements such as these do not put me under pressure because I know my worth."

Despite being signed onto Difference Record which, coincidentally is being run by his producer,  D'Tunes, they appear very cordial and more like brothers.

Sean Tizzle says this is because they have both come a long way.

"Before D' Tunes made his name with Iyanya, we have been friends. We met in 2009 and have been working together ever since. The label is more like a family. So we are too united to break up and that is a fact."

In an era when artistes are quick to flaunt their latest acquisitions at any given opportunity, tattoo  loving Sean Tizzle, who admits to his love for piercing, says he earns a living the 'clean way.'

 "I am not from a very wealthy family. Most people assume I am one 'yahoo boy' – engaging in scams and advance fee fraud. I have paid my dues. At a time, I would go for shows without being paid and yet find my way back home. Today, I am happier for it because it was a fleeting stage in my career and  now, the opposite is the case," he admits.