"I Never Had A Girlfriend And Never Attended Parties"- Covenant University's Best Graduating Student Opens Up

Michael Eromhonsele sacrificed romance for excellence and emerged the best graduating student of Covenant University in Ota, Ogun State at 20.
To achieve this feat, he obtained a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 4.92, out of a possible 5.0, to beat 1,465 other undergraduates.

He says his first few days in the university campus were uneventful. According to him, he was a bit confused because he was not used to the prayer regime that he had to be part of at the faith-based institution. Spirituality is one of the core values of CU.  But as soon as he found his rhythm, there was no looking back for him.

He says he did not allow himself to be distracted by his friends or the opposite sex as he concentrated on his studies.
Listing some of the factors that helped him to achieve that feat, he says, "First, I must acknowledge God's favour and His assistance. Second, I did not entertain any form of distractions. I did not attend parties, and I did not have any girlfriend or what you may refer to as a lover. I concentrated on my studies."

What about his study style? Eromhonsele reveals that apart from the serene environment in the school, which is conducive for learning, he loves to read late into the night.

According to him, he started reading from 10.00pm and he won't stop until 1.00am.

"Those are the hours I found most convenient to read. As soon as I closed my book, I went to bed. I woke up at 7.00am, and got ready for my classes. Lectures start at 8.00am," he adds.

Apart from being the best overall student, he was also the best in the College of Science and Technology where he studied Civil Engineering.