"Why Are They Talking About It 10 Years After-" Taribo West Reacts To Age-Cheating Claims

Former Super Eagles of Nigeria defender, Taribo West, has reacted to former Partizan Belgrade President, Zarko Zecevic's claims yesterday that he lied about his age, saying that "he joined us saying he was 28. We later found out he was 40, but he was still playing well so I don't regret having him on the team."

West, who is now a Pastor, moved to Partizan in 2002 from Derby County. He told reporters on Wednesday that: "I don't really know what they are talking about and that's why I don't really have anything much to say.
"But it is curious that they are raising such matter about 10 years after I left the place. Why was the matter not raised while I was there? Why talk about it long after I retired from the game."