Former England International Footballer Michael Owen Retires

Former England Striker, Michael Owen is to retire from football at the end of the season.
Owen, 33, who scored 40 goals in 89 international appearances for England, played for Liverpool FC, Real Madrid, Newcastle United FC, Manchester United FC and currently now playing for Stoke City FC.
"I have been very fortunate in that my career has taken me on a journey I could only have dreamed of. I now feel it is the right time to bring the curtain down on my career," Owen said on his personal website.
Owen burst on to the scene as a teenager at Liverpool and made England's 1998 World Cup squad at just 18 years of age. He announced himself on the world stage with a memorable solo goal against Argentina in that tournament, and also scored a hat-trick as England beat Germany 5-1 in Munich in September 2001.
He has scored 220 goals in his club career, winning the Premier League, the FA Cup, the League Cup and UEFA Cup.
Owen was named European Footballer of the year in 2001.