Husband Allegedly Slaughtered His Wife In Lagos

A Speech Writing consultant and Managing Director of Speech Transition Company Limited, Endurance Agbobonye-Ajisegiri, a native of Uro Ivrogbo Iri in Isoko South Local Council of Delta State has been sent to her early grave by her husband.

The problem between Endurance, who trained speech writers for companies and schools, and her husband started when a female staff of Endurance's Speech Transition Company began to have an affair with her husband.

Endurance who had brought her husband into the business started suspecting her husband to be having a carnal affair with the said staff.
So she moved fast and sacked the lady from her company.

The sack of the woman turned out to be her undoing, as the hatred between Endurance and her husband grew.
They started having disagreements which led to physical confrontations.

So many times she has had to leave her husband's house and run to her sister's place as the man beat her up at the slightest provocation.

Things turned sour, when Endurance who had left her husband's home, innocently followed her husband's friend back to their matrimonial home in order to make peace with the man when she met her untimely death.

According to the Endurance's father, Elder Johnson Agbobonye, "I was not at home when it happened. I was at the sea side when they called me.
On Saturday April 13, a friend of my daughter's husband came to our house to come and carry Endurance so that they could go and meet the husband for settlement over the quarrel between them. He did not meet her in our house here; he had to go to her office to carry her to the husband's place.
"My daughter quarreled with her husband, which we settled. The following day, the young man sent me a text telling me he was not satisfied with the settlement. Immediately, I called my daughter to stay away from him because the content of the message he sent to me showed that he did not love her and did not want her."

He continued: "I warned her not to go to him. It was this friend of my daughter's husband that put pressure on her and carried her to the man on Saturday April 13 when I was not at home, on the ground that they wanted to settle the matter.
"The next day, I received a shocker from the husband, who called to say we should come to the hospital that Endurance had killed herself. Immediately I started coming from Ibeju-Lekki. Before I got to the hospital, the doctor had already called the police from Shasha Police Station to arrest the suspect."

"The doctor saw that it was a pure case of murder because my daughter's throat was sliced. They took me to where my daughter's body was laid and I started crying. I wept uncontrollably, I could not control myself."

"Her mother cannot sleep even as I am talking to you now. What will make me feel satisfied in this matter is for justice to be done. I want the man and his family to feel the pain my family and I are feeling now. She was the breadwinner of our family," he said.

Her elder sister, Mercy Amadi, told The Guardian that she was yet to believe that her sister was dead.
"I cannot accept that. I am yet to believe that someone my sister calls her husband has taken my sister's life. She was a vibrant and intelligent young lady. When my sister saw a cockroach in the bathroom, she would run out of the house, that was the person they had killed. I refuse to accept that! Look at her three-year-old daughter, she is with me now.


Source: The Guardian