"Chocolate City Cheated Me"- Brymo Opens Up

It's no longer news that the onetime sweet romance between the popular singer, Olawale Ashimi a.k.a Brymo and his record label, Chocolate City, has gone sour, but the son of the carpenter- turned- music star has decided to dump the label.

Although, Brymo's record deal with Chocolate City will still be valid till 2016, the 'Good morning' crooner actually called a spade its name during a chat with DailyPost that he's been cheated by the label and he has dumped the contract.

"I've been very loyal to the contract, working hard to be heard, but I've been cheated by Chocolate City," Brymo lamented.

He did trace the genesis of the brouhaha to April 16, 2011 when his popular song 'Good morning' was released online.

"I got to know few minutes after the song was released online that the intro had been chopped off. Although, I managed to correct the mistake by myself, till today, nobody is offering any explanation on how the mistake came about." Brymo said.

However, contrary to the news making the rounds that Brymo flouted the laid down principle of the label, and recalling that there was a controversial picture of Brymo on Instagram which was reported to have not gone down well with Chocolate City, Brymo revealed that he's called it quit based on the label's inability to fulfill most parts of the agreed terms in the contract.



"Apart from promises and failures, there is no accountability on how my new CD is been sold and distributed. When I released the CD, they promised me it was safe to sell online, but the idea failed and I have to talk to some marketers in Alaba Market because the street market is more important, not everybody can buy online.

"Unfortunately, the CD (album) leaked, and nobody is ready to give me explanation or apologize whenever things go wrong and we have a contract. Sometimes, you will be working hard but someone else, who's supposed to take the contract seriously, is doing that nonchalantly," Brymo gushed.

More so, while Brymo may be sued for altering the contract terms, DailyPost has gathered that before the story went viral online that the singer had called it quit with Chocolate City, there was an initial email allegedly sent by the label, stating its intentions to part ways amicably. "I didn't know how the story of me leaving Chocolate City got online and since we agreed to part ways without fight, I decided to confirm the story via twitter.

"I was very surprised at the claim that I'm still with the label. I've moved on from the day I tweeted my departure from Chocolate City. I've left Chocolate City and I'm now working on how to push myself further from where they stopped," he concluded.

However, we can also authoritatively reveal that Chocolate City has scheduled another meeting for possible reconciliation, but will Brymo stay at Chocolate City? Will the label allow him to go before the expiration of his contract? These are some of the questions waiting for answers.


Source: DailyPost