"I Did Not Slap My Deputy"- Gov. Aregbesola

Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State has debunked the rumour making the rounds that he slapped his deputy.

Debunking the rumour by the PDP that he slapped his deputy, Mrs Titi Laoye-Tomori, Aregbesola, who said he had never fought in his life, added that he had never beaten any of his children.
He said, "A man who beats a woman is sick. More so, my deputy is older than me. Can an Omoluabi (virtuous person) beat an elderly person?

"It is what they (PDP) can do. They thought we are like them; no, we are not comparable. Killing and maiming were the orders of the day when they ruled Osun State."
The governor also said that President Goodluck Jonathan was merely "bragging" by saying that the Peoples Democratic Party must win at least 23 states in 2015 general elections.

Speaking at a quarterly interactive programme with journalists, Ogbeni Till Daybreak, on Friday, Aregbesola said the president and PDP were free to brag.
He said, "They are free to brag; this is the season of political bragging. Politicians brag when election is near."
Jonathan spoke at the Wadata Plaza national headquarters of the PDP in Abuja last Thursday during the party's 61st National Executive Committee meeting.
Aregbesola, who said the Action Congress of Nigeria will defeat any candidate presented by the PDP, stressed that the people of Osun could see the remarkable difference between the ACN and the PDP.
"The PDP represents no threat at all. We will defeat anybody they put forward as candidate. Government exists to relieve the people of their burder but the PDP exacerbates the problems of the people," he boasted.

Explaining that occupying the post of governor is not easy, Aregbesola said, "The State Security Service officials follow me everywhere; they follow me to my bedroom, they check the toilet before I use it. If I want to go and visit my mother, they will go and check it before my visit."