Didier Drogba Announces Plan To Leave Chelsea

Chelsea veteran Didier Drogba has
announced that the Premier League
game at home to Sunderland later on
Sunday will be the final appearance of
his second spell at the club.
Drogba, 37, returned to Chelsea last
year, having previously spent eight years
at the club between 2004 and 2012,
winning 12 trophies and scoring the
decisive penalty against Bayern Munich
in the 2012 Champions League final.

The former Ivory Coast striker has
contributed to Chelsea's successes in
the league and League Cup this season,
but having only played a bit-part role, he
has decided to leave Stamford Bridge for
a second time.

"I want to play for at least
one more season and in order to
play more football, I feel I need to
go to another club," Drogba told
the club website.

"All the fans know my love for
Chelsea and I hope to be back
here in the future in another role."

-AFP