Governor Oshiomhole On Why He Remarried

Edo state governor, Adams Oshiomhole,
got married today, May 15, to Lara
Fortes, in Benin, and he had nothing but
sweet and kind words to say about his
new bride.
While speaking to journalists during the
wedding, Oshiomhole, described his wife
as "very understanding, caring and
loving lady and also thanked his family
for the support given to him to remarry."
"This is something that one is happy
about. One is also happy that I have
friends across all political divides, this
occasion reminds me that across all
divides we have friends and well
wishers."
"She is very humble, she appreciates the
nature of my job and life and, that it is,
one comes back home late. Some times
3am, she understands my weaknesses,
she is more or less the mother of the
house, the one that has accepted to be
the mother of my children."
"I am happy that all my children are at
home with her and accept her as their
mother even though she is not old
enough to be their mother. She has
accepted to fill that gap."
Oshiomhole would also set the records
straight about where she comes from,
saying: "I have seen a lot of
publications, some saying that she is
Philipino, Dutch and several others, but
she is from Cape Verde. And that is part
of West Africa. And I hope that ought to
rest the debate of where she is from."