"How I Almost Became A Roadside Mechanic"- Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola Opens Up In Must Read Interview (CONCLUDING PART)

Well this is the concluding part of this lovely interview with BRF..






**When Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu invited you into his administration, did it ever occur to you that you will stay this long in government and public service?**


No. In fact, I remember as I joined in 2002, the campaigns for the re-election were rife and after re-election, he was reconstituting his cabinet. Myself as Chief of Staff, the SSG and Head of Service were the only few people that remained after the end of the first term and there was a lot of horse trading about who and who was going to be in the new cabinet.

I recall one night I was at the club and one of my friends just rushed in and said "You are just sitting down here; they are already constituting the new cabinet and your name is not on it." And I said "So, what's your problem?" He said "but you just spent nine months." I said that was a momentous privilege and that if the governor felt that he wanted to change his chief of staff, I would go and thank him for giving me the opportunity to serve for a few months and get on with my life. So, that was my attitude because being his chief of staff wasn't fun. Before I was chief of staff, if it rained, I slept more but once I got into government, the rain meant a different thing to me.





*Really nice interview*