I Was Assaulted At My University- Ex Covenant University Student Opens Up

The story goes on like this,
"It was like three weeks ago, I went visiting my friend in school who was yet to graduate. It was on a Sunday, so I decided to go visiting after the first service in church (Faith Tabernacle). The students were on a one-week break then and were supposed to resume on that day.
"My friend did not go because it was a one-week break and he stays in Abuja.

"I stayed in his room, and we gisted and caught up on old times. I even came with my laptop. When it was 4.30pm, I decided to go home. When we got out, there were lots of people at the gate. As usual students were resuming. Lecturers were everywhere admitting students into the halls of residence and searching their belongings. I walked out of the hall with my friend and I was about entering my car when I found out that I forgot my laptop charger and one of my phones in his room.
"We hurriedly went back to get them, only to be stopped by a lecturer at the gate of the hall.
"I explained everything to him and he said we couldn't enter the hall. So I told my friend to go get the laptop charger and my phone from his room and that I was going to wait for him. But they also didn't allow him go inside the hall. They claimed he had a beard and that they were not even sure he was a student. They asked for his I.D card and he explained that it was in his room and that he wasn't just resuming that day. We were surprised because we just walked past them when we were coming out of the hall. They said my friend should go and cut his beard. Because I was running late and I don't like driving at night, I told my friend to enter my car and we went searching for a barbing salon. After 20 minutes of searching, we couldn't find one, obviously because it was a Sunday. So we went back to the school.
"We explained to them that we couldn't find a barbing salon but they didn't want to hear what we had to say. So I suggested my friend goes in, go get my stuffs, gives me, and then comes out and they can continue from where they stopped because I was running late and I was going to Lagos. The lecturer replies me and goes 'If you had long term memory, you would remember that I said he couldn't enter the hall.' I felt very insulted because I was loosing patience, I was disgusted by the way we were being treated and finally, because I am a graduate of the school. I replied him that he shouldn't talk to me in that manner and that am no longer a student of this school. He called me rude and called the security on me.
Before I knew it, six security men including the lecturer came and gathered me. All trying to sweep me to the ground. My friend, a very strong guy, tried holding me and prevented me from going to the ground.
"Other lecturers came and started raining insults and even slaps on me. I was held like a thief. They radioed their Security HQ and those ones came with a black pickup van. They bundled my friend and I, took my wallet, my belt and my phones and took me to their quarters. They stripped me to my boxer shorts and locked us up in their prison guard room. This was around 7pm.
"I was given a hint that we should just beg and agree with everything said there because they were bent on making us sleep in that prison till the next day.
"We later begged and I even settled one of the security guys the sum of 5k to allow me leave the prison. My friend went over to the hall and got my stuffs and I headed home at 8.30pm. It was a horrible experience.
"What is this country turning to? They claim they are spiritually inclined and they asked and collected N5000 from me. Its such a shame. I wonder how many people they must have treated this way. Even to an ex-student of the school.
"I am disappointed at Covenant University!
"Bunch of hypocrites!

*Hmmmm!!! Well I must first of all say sorry to the guy. Its such a shame what goes on in most private Christian universities nowadays. From the lecturers to the security men, and other junior staff, treat students with so much disdain. A simple issue becomes complicated all of a sudden. And they ride on the naked fact that one can't do anything to them, so they do what they like.
I won't ever support disrespect by students, but I am tempted to say that there is this sense of inferiority complex by the staff of most private christian universities in Nigeria.
I am a product of a private christian university, and I know what goes on. I guess it must stop, but I don't know how. I rest my case here*